Re: GUI login screen.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler" <hurschler@gmx.de>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 09:24
Subject: Re: GUI login screen.

> Am Mittwoch, 5. November 2003 15:27 schrieb Hoyt Bailey:

<snip>
> > > I have been reading this thread and I find all this very strange.
> > > I installed Debian base (network install) and then went to Sarge .
> > > Installed X, KDM and KDE and I have all that I used
> > > to have in other distros - I can do all that you mention and more !
> > > There may be ways not to have it like that but I have and didn't have
> > > configure anything!
> > > My login GUI even present you with clickcable icons (pictures) for you
> > > to select whatever
> > > user / root you want with a single click ( no need to write the actual
> > > name ).
> > > And for the really lasy and don't-care-about-login-stuff guys you can
> > > configure the GUI
> > > to do an auto-login!
> > > I don't know what else you may require - it will hardly wash your car
kw washed his car since I have.
> > That is exactly what I wanted to hear.  I dont doubt there is something
> > strange going on at all.  I do thank you for confirming what I expected
> > linux to be and as soon as I get my "real modem" maybe a sarge update
will
> > be in order.
> > Hoyt
>
> It has nothing to do with sarge, it works the way he described in woody
too.
> Try "dpkg-reconfigure kdm" if you haven't already.
>
> Chris

That is a comfort to know that Your system works like Linux should I must
confess that I dont understand the agenda of some.
Since I issued apt-get --purge remove kdm.  I suspect that wouldnt work will
the command be the same for xdm, or maybe it was another command anyway its
gone.
Regards:
Hoyt