Re: GUI login screen.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Weir" <rweir@ertius.org>
To: "debian-user" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 02:04
Subject: Re: GUI login screen.
As an answer to your first comment;  If I desire to configure the Control
Panel I dont like to continualy have to reenter root password to get it done
also this concept has apparantly removed a lot of configuration options that
should be there. I.E. in desktop 2.4 Caldera has an excellent configuration
for X, you can set everything up correctly,  this is gone in desktop 3 and
RH 7.2.  Before you get the urge I know this is Debian these are for example
only  The point being an example of Mainframe Mentality that seems to be
growing in the Linux community (as someone mentioned a few days ago).
Everyone should consider the future. What is the future of Linux?  It should
be to take over the Windows boxes it cant happen if everyone follows RH.

Welcha & blaster dont come through the mailbox and since they are just
computer programs they can be stopped.  Every time I got one or the other it
was while downloading the Norton updates. That should tickel your fancy.  I
dont believe for a moment that the Norton site is infected.  Nor have I been
after getting the download finished.

"It's just that it's so amazingly silly that people have trouble beliving
that it is what you 'really want'." or "Debian tends to be geared more
toward multi-user computers" an example of MM.  People have told me that
their computer works just like I think mine should and they dont understand
what the problem is. I think you should consider what is the purpose of the
"faces" program which I noticed in my gnome start menu. Just because you
dont use GUI dosent mean that others shouldnt and Linux isnt going to ever
be as popular as Windows unless it becomes as user friendly as windows.  In
my opinion and you have the freedom to feel differently.

Regards;
Hoyt