Re: Going to give it another shot-need more help

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:56:19 -0600, Kent West wrote:

>Mark Healey wrote:
>>

>>>I still think that the $15 NIC would be the easiest.
>>

>> Car has no accelerator cable.
>
>Wedge a screwdriver in the accelerator linkage at the carburetor

Carbuwhater?  This is a 32 year old car and it has EFI, analog but
still.

>bring the engine to about 8200rpm, and with a little judicious use of
>the gear shift (manual easiest, but automatic works too), you can get to
>the store before the transmission gets thrown out the bottom of your car
>or your crankshaft snaps in two. Simple   :-)

San Diego is a pretty spread out city.  You don't get anywhere without
getting on the freeway.

I'll just wait for my cable to arrive in the mail and hope they send
the right one.

Mark Healey
deblist@healeyonline.com

Giving debian a chance.