FW: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

Wolfgang Pfeiffer <mailto:roto@gmx.net> schreef op woensdag 5 november 2003
18:14:

> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020330,39117575,00.htm
>
> --
> Profile, Links:
> http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

I think I have to agree with the arguments given. The 90 yrs old father is
also a good argument. A linux newbee sees linux. He likes the look, buys a
pc with Linux and when he's home his system is messed up very quickly
because he doesn't know how to deal with it.

I think the peoples who are using linux (or going to use it as main os )
don't buy complete pc's but assemble them by theirself, w/o any software,
because they already have linux cd's and install it from their _own_ cd's.

At the very very begin of my debian career, I askes some questions here. But
I only ask questions here when I need very quick response or when I can't
google anything. I think helpdesks don't have to be necessary - who wants to
use linux has sometime to deal with problems. Wich they have to fix with
googling around and that kind of helpdesks. And not support by telephone.

-WJ