Re: POP3 mail fetcher that supports unreliable connections?

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 11:36:34PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre said
> Is there a POP3 mail fetcher that wouldn't download messages twice
> when the POP3 connection may sometimes stall (so that the messages
> couldn't be deleted from the server)?

This seems to depend at least somewhat on the pop3 daemon on the other
end.  My current one (courier) seems to mark messages as "seen", so
fetchmail just deletes them in future, instead of downloading.  The
pop3d my ISP used at one point did not support this, so I got duplicate
duplicates if my connection went down during a fetchmail run.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:      illuminati Medco undercover Dateline Pine Gap number key