Re: firewall setup xdsl: eth0/eth1/ppp0?

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 09:52:42AM +0100, Andreas Bohnert wrote:
> Hi,
>    I don't know how to setup my firewall for my new xdsl connection. I
> saw some posting         concerning adsl, so maybe there are some
> people, who know how to handle this.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, with xdsl and lokal, but I'd
recommend the shorewall firewall.  It takes a bit of configuration, but
pretty minimal, and straightforward if you follow the docs and examples.
I've used it for a dsl connection with pppoe on interface eth0, internal
network on eth1.  The woody/stable package is not exactly current, but
very workable and the docs and examples are available for it.  I'm sure
unstable is at the latest version, so might be preferable especially
if you feel the need to request help (most questions on the shorewall
list are answered by the developer, often to implore folks to read
and follow the docs).

Maybe this is off the mark for your situation, I don't know.  Good luck!

Ken