Re: kdebase broken in sarge, what to do?

Motyle wrote:

I have done as usual apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade

It has told me that many packages will be removed, but I have proceeded anyways (I just trust Debian).

Well, the resulting system does not have KDE at all (see bug 210276 for ksysguardd - kdebase depends on ksysguard which depends on ksysguardd which depends on libsensors-1debian1 which is not installable.) Is there any workaround? I have installed ksysguardd with dpkg -i, but apt-get install kdebase still does not work.

Is there any easy way to force kdebase and depending packages installation ignoring libsensors-1debian1 problem at the moment?

Go to http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianKDE to read more and to D/L a deb for libsensors-1debian1.

If the following link works you've got it in one step but I would bookmark that site anyway.

<http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2003/06/24/debian/pool/main/l/lm-sensors/libsensors-1debian1_2.7.0-6_i386.deb>

Paul Scott