Re: installing sarge with nforce2

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 08:15:29AM -0600, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> On, Tue, Nov 04, 2003, Jamin Collins wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 11:53:26PM +0100, Philippe Makowski wrote:
> > > is the official installation cd of sarge
> > > (http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/) working with a
> > > nforce2 chipstet motherboard (especially networking adaptator) ?
> >
> > AFAIK, the nforce2 ethernet adaptor requires the nVidia driver.  So, my
> > guess would be no.  The installs I've done on nforce2 system have all
> > been done via a USB NIC with the nVidia drivers downloaded and installed
> > after the system is up and running.
>
> The  nVidia driver is:
> NVIDIA_Linux-X86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run
> Installation will require kernel-headers for your kernel.  Works well.

No, the driver is:
   http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nforce/1.0-0261/NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261.tar.gz

Note, this is referencing the nforce2 chipset, not an nVidia graphics
card.

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings