Re: Fighting Spam with procmail

on Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 09:01:37AM +0100, Lukas Ruf (ruf@rawip.org) wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> is there an easy way to pass an email message again through a
> procmail such that particularly created rules can be verified easily?

Make sure you either disable your message cache, or change the message
ID if you do this.

> I read sth about formail/procmail, however, have not yet seen the
> right way to do.  From man formail:
>
>     formail +1 -ds procmail
>
> What I would like to do was sth like:
>
>     cat msg.mbox | procmail procmail_test_rc

None of the above.

Save the message to a file.  procmail < file

> Where msg.mbox contains all the emails, I would like to filter again,
> and procmail_test_rc contains the rules to be tested.

procmail handles one message at a time.  mbox is a multi-message per
file format.

Peace.

    I don't envy you the headache you'll have when you awake. But in the
    meantime, rest well, and dream of large women.
    - Princess Bride