Re: installing sarge with nforce2

Philippe Makowski wrote:
> is the official installation cd of sarge
> (http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/) working with a nforce2
> chipstet motherboard (especially networking adaptator) ?
> is there a success story ?

I haven't had any luck with the network adapters.  However, I'm sure you'll
be able to install.  The original Woody install CD wouldn't boot with my
A7N8X, but the R1 CD does, and I had no trouble upgrading, so hopefully
netinst will work.  For agp, I had to go from woody to sid (I skipped Sarge
by mistake, I forgot that the next step up from stable isn't unstable).  But
I think the xfree from Sarge should be OK, if not that can be upgraded
easily enough.  But still no network, at least I couldn't get it to work.