Re: kernel-2.6.0-test9 compile issue

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 21:48:06 -0800
Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml@fatooh.org> wrote:

> I'm running 2.6.0-test9-mm1 on a KT400, and I haven't noticed any
> particular strain during heavy I/O. At the moment, my system is under
> light load and yet can still give hdparm -t 30-45 MB/sec (which is to
> be expected) for my various UDMA5 drives.
>
> What particular symptoms are you experiencing?

Every disk operation (hard disks, floppy and cdrom) takes 100% of my CPU
(top says it's i/o wait). When I'm copying big file it's quite good (at
least I can listen to the music, but not watching movies). When system
operates on many small files I can't do anything... I reported a bug on
lkml, but didn't get reply. But I found other people with the same
problem. hdparm -t gives 25-30 MB/sec, so DMA seems to work.

Karol
--
|       Karol Czachorowski <narel(at)fantastyka.net>	|
|       JID: narel(at)jabber.org           GG: 2786028	|