Re: Microsoft good press over Longhorn

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 02:28:23AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 07:44:59PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> > Linux will get you through times of no money better than money will
> > get you through times of no Linux... :-)
>
> That's the wisest thing I've heard all week.  (And I've been dealing
> with a whole lot of stupid lately...)

>From the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers -
Dope will get you through times of no money... better than money will
get you through times of no dope.
http://www.f16.parsimony.net/forum26503/messages/309.htm

It seems to have lots of variations.

Remember when you were 15 and got a beer?  You went and drank it in some
dumb place, made a huge deal about it, told your friends stories about
it, and generally did a lot of immature stuff.  Now, if you get a beer,
sure, you'll drink it, but unless you've got a problem, you are really
casual about it, you don't drink to get plastered, and you're more
interested in the conversation you're having than the beer itself.

Folks in the Netherlands act like that over pot: they mix it with
tobacco to cut down on the smell and so they won't get "plastered".
Sure, if you hand 'em a bong, they'll hit it, but they are damn sure
gonna finish they're conversation first!  Both sides make the mistake of
assuming pot must equal getting plastered.