Re: D-link DFE-530tx

On Saturday 01 November 2003 12:03, Kurt Sys wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to install a new computer. I install Debian Woody (3.0r1) from
> boot-CD (CD1 -- NON-US). Everything works fine except for one thing, I
> can't get my ethernet card to work. I found on the net several people with
> similar or the same problem, but I don't find an answer. So, here it is
> (again).
> The network card is a D-link DFE-530tx. Following different sources, I need
> the via-rhine module, but this won't work. Any other driver also doesn't
> work. Below, I give some outputs which may be helpful.
>
> What should be my next step?

If you don't get more useful help from the experts, you could try Knoppix.
Boot the Knoppix CD: if it recognises your NIC, you can install to the hard
drive and then adjust the installation to suit your inclinations.  It worked
for me when all else (that I felt competent to try) failed...

--
richard