Re: Driver installation

----- Original Message -----
From: "Werner Mahr" <wernermahr@gmx.de>
To: "Hoyt Bailey" <hoyt13@wiredok.com>
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 08:23
Subject: Re: Driver installation

Am Freitag, 31. Oktober 2003 02:34 schrieb Hoyt Bailey:
> I have the driver and kernel headers on a CD.  I assume
> installation is via apt-get install xxxxxx
> Ok what should xxxxxx be.  Where should I put the files to install
> them. Regards;
> Hoyt

The name of the Package without Version.deb. That schould work, if in
your sources.list is no Source that have a newer Version, and the CD
is in sources.list. Otherwise make the Entry, or go to the directory
and use dpkg -i xxxxx.

--
MfG usw

Werner Mahr

GPG-Key-ID 44B53C40
Registered-Linux-User: 303822 (http://counter.li.org)
ICQ-Nr. 317910541

Ok I think I understand:
mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
dpkg -i /cdrom/kernel-package (for example or should I use the complete file
name)
Hoyt