Re: Microsoft good press over Longhorn

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 at 10:15 GMT, <kmark+debian@pipeline.com> penned:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>> I'm being forced to use Excel and Powerpoint at work.  I hate it.
>> It's not just MS-specific, in this case:  I hate data entry, and I
>> hate prettifying it.
> Knoppix is your friend! Pop in the cd and edit any excel files!
> Although I think your out of luck with power-less-point. There are
> tools to make presentations and ones to create html or ps presentions,
> if those would be allowed.  -Kev

If I wanted to use OpenOffice, I could simply install that app on my
windows system ...  Anyway, there are more apps than just those two that
I need to be running concurrently.  Many of them have no
opensource/linux reader.

I've found that OpenOffice's presentation tool doesn't always do exactly
what I expect when exporting to Powerpoint.  Other OO.org stuff can also
be slightly off, but PowerPoint is where it really shows up.

In a company where opensource products are referred to as "freeware" and
where many of the tools I *have* to use have no Linux-based alternative,
I'm best off using MS crap.  My boss would not be impressed if I told
him that something looks slightly different because I'm using a "better"
tool than the one the company has already paid for.
PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.
Whatever it takes, just don't CC me!  I'm already subscribed!!