Re: printing with lpd to remote printer

Hi Alvin,

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 03:44:09PM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:
> when printing to the remote printer, it does all the filtering
> not the  "lp" local print server
>
> all your filtering is done on :rp: ( remoteprinter )
> and :rm: which i assume you need to change its name to the real ip#
> and hostnames
>
> only options needed for  this print server to talk to the
> "real printer server that has the printerconnected to it"

Ok. It's configed that way (wieske.tollembeek is the hostname):

> > > # Remote Laserjet 4200n
> > > lp|hp|laserjet|Laserjet 4200 n:\
> > >          :lp=:\
> > >          :rm=wieske.tollembeek:\
> > >          :rp=remoteprinter:\
> > >          :sd=/var/spool/lpd/4200:\
> > >          :mx#0:\
> > >          :sh:

Now the remote printer is a network printer (not a printer contected
to a printserver), thus I don't have a printcap file there.   What
should I do?  Or should I filter on the client side?

Thanks in advance,
--
Rudy Gevaert                rudy@zeus.UGent.be
Web page                    http://www.webworm.org