RE: Microsoft good press over Longhorn

Granted most people who use Excel will not use many of the features, Excel
97 will be ok for most.
I would imagine Gnumeric has heaps of stuff most people wont use too.

I know the finance people I have worked with love excel and are proficient
at using it, for them it is a totally useful tool.
The researchers here all us excel and it is very useful and easy to be to
wite vba functions and have them centralised and shared.

Having Excel on PCs, Mac OS9 and OSX is also useful.

For myself, I like the formula auditing function of Excel, I find it
extremely useful.
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270-1061218.html

I'm not particulaly pro MS, but I find the "Microsoft's software has always
sucked" rant boring.

I know this is a linux list, and no doubt I'm in for a roasting.