Re: chkrootkit found lkm trojan ?

Micha Feigin wrote:
I got the following output from chkrootkit but couldn't find any
explenation on what processes don't appear:

Checking `lkm'... You have     4 process hidden for ps command
Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed

I recently (two weeks) built a new box behind a firewall. A friend gave me a lead that it was related to evolution. I did a chkrootkit with a version a week or two old and no lkm errors. Did a dist-upgrade (sid) tonight and generated exactly the same message.

I think there is no cause for concern.

TRS