Re: how to set SETSERIAL values forever

Pigeon wrote:
> Sebastia Altemir wrote:
> > I have fixed my winmodem problem by using
> >
> >     setserial /dev/ttyS2 int 9
> >
> > When machine restarts, that seting is lost.
> >
> > What file must I edit to have this value forever ?
>
> /etc/serial.conf
>
> (see man setserial)

Good suggestion.  Alternatively you can use the package scripts to do
this for you too.  If you reconfigure the setserial package it will
ask if you want to freeze the current setting of the serial ports.
Usually autosave once is recommended.  That should place the right
configuration in your /etc/serial.conf file automatically.

  dpkg-reconfigure setserial

Bob