Re: libc6 gcc wrapper

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 04:31:26AM +1100, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 12:40:54AM +0100, Pigeon said
> >
> > Er, I think you may have misunderstood... I have a wrapper around gcc
> > to ensure it is always called with my desired optimisation options
> > even if I'm compiling a package with ill-behaved makefiles that ignore
> > CFLAGS etc. Simply to compile a package does not of itself require a
> > wrapper.
> > Since you've asked for it, I'm attaching my wrapper... please note:
> >
> > - it is a *VERY* ugly hack
> > - the programming sucks
> > - it may break compilation of some packages that rely on being able to
> >   set particular options to make things compile properly
> > - it forces "-O2 -march=i686" if pigeon.gccopts cannot be read (edit
> >   source and recompile to change this)
>
> Isn't this exactly what pentium-builder does?

I believe so, but I've been doing this before I had useful things like
a full set of debian CDs, internet access, and the benefit of reading
debian-user, through which I found out about the existence of
pentium-builder... since I already had a method that worked (for me) I
never really investigated pentium-builder.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons