Re: why is debian the only distribution that won't let me run X?

I disagree.  It even took me a while to figure out what settings I needed to
get my wheel-mouse to work.  It also took me a while to realize that I needed
to load kernel video drivers in order for the xfree86 driver (mga in this
case to work).  And I didn't find the remark about "dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xfree86" in the config file for a while either.

There are lots of things that aren't at all obvious to a newbie that isn't
necessarily a computer professional of some sort trying to get Debian
installed the first time.  I did it, and I'm glad I did, but simply telling
someone to just read the prompts isn't helpful.

Chris

On Saturday 25 October 2003 01:15, Paul Johnson wrote:

--
Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler
Bodenstedtstr. 13