Re: 2.6.0-test8 PCI (?) troubles

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:56:57 +0200, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:

[...]
> When I boot up, I get kernel messages rolling along, but stops with the
> following line:
> PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xf0d40, last bus=1 then, the LED on
> the floppy drive lights up and remain lit, and then it just sits there.
> Nothing happens, I and have to push the reset button to reboot. It doesn't
> tell me it's panicked either.
>
> I find the same line in my 2.4.22 dmesg. What follows after booting 2.4.22
> is this:
> PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xf0d40, last bus=1 PCI: Using
> configuration type 1
> PCI: Probing PCI hardware
> PCI: Probing PCI hardware (bus 00)
> PCI: Using IRQ router VIA [1106/0686] at 00:04.0 PCI: Disabling Via
> external APIC routing Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4
[...]

Hi,

had some PCI problems with 2.6, too. I were able to solve them by
disabling ACPI (partially or generally). You do not have to compile a new
kernel for this, just try to append one of the following options in the
boot prompt (edit lilo.conf or menu.list (grub)):

pci=noacpi
pci=biosirq
acpi=off

For me, test3 worked without any options, test4 required pci=noacpi and
test5 would not work until I diabled ACPI (acpi=off). Now I have test7 and
it works with pci=noacpi.

Greetings
Andre