Re: classic deficiancy in both windows and linux ?

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

> | - You won't get the same data displayed by the graphical interface
> |   (which you'd [expect] it to print if it supported printing).
>
> Maybe, maybe not.  What data is this, exactly?

Whatever the graphical interface is currently set to display.  (That
is, it can vary.)

>  You won't,
> however, get the same graphical icon that you (probably) see next to
> the file in nautilus or konqueror..

But maybe the user should be able to.

> | If or when one wants to use a command line, that's fine, but when
> | one it using a graphic interface, it should still support printing
> | directory listings.
>
> Here's a tip:  "linux" is a kernel.  On top of that kernel are very
> many applications.

What that have to do with anything?

> Two such applications are Nautilus and Konqueror.
> Are you using either one of those?

No.  I don't use a graphical shell.

> In the meantime, make a script to do what you want.

I'm not the one who uses a graphical shell and wants to print
a directory folder.  I'm just agreeing with the original complainant
that graphical shells should support that feature.

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
dsb@smart.net