Re: Debian hardware (HP Proliant), version and backup questions

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 08:02, VEGH Karoly wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 06:10:35PM +0200, Nate Aune wrote:
>
> > 1) Hardware
> > Given the previous post about problems with Debian recognizing the disk
> > controller on a HP Proliant MC330, I have to ask: can I expect similar
> > problems with the DL380?
>
> IIRC the DL380's come with a smar array 5312i.
> The bf24 installkernel will not recognize this, since it is a 2.4.18 kernel.
> You will need to build your own installkernel image, (or use mine - I can
> offer you my floppyimage:)

This shouldn't be necessary, I have used the compact install disks for
this purpose. http://people.debian.org/~dwhedon/bf-temp/

(and just fyi.. http://www.google.com/search?q=debian+dl380 has this
same info as the first result)

Also, regarding backup, if you are using backup exec, their unix agent
is a free download and works quite nicely.

-Mark