Re: Does using debconf with X server preclude swapping Control/Caps Lock?

Daniel Barclay <daniel@fgm.com> writes:

> Brian Nelson wrote:
>
>> Daniel Barclay <daniel@fgm.com> writes:
>>
>>>On Woody (3.0r1), when installing xserver-xfree8, does using debconf
>>>to configure the server preclude using the standard XFree86 keyboard
>>>options to swap the Control and Caps Lock keys?
>> Hmm, I thought there was a debconf question for this.  Maybe it
>> appeared
>> post-Woody.  Does "dpkg-reconfigure -plow xserver-xfree86" ask it?
>
> Do you mean the question about whether you want to use debconf to
> manage parts of XF86Config?  Yes, that's the first question it
> asks.

No, this question:

Template: xserver-xfree86/config/inputdevice/keyboard/options
Type: string
 For the X server to handle your keyboard as you desire, keyboard options may
 be entered.  Available options depend on which XKB rule set was previously
 selected.  Not all options will work with every keyboard model and layout.
 .
 For example, if you wish the Caps Lock key to behave as an additional
 Control key, you may enter "ctrl:nocaps"; if you would like to switch the
 Caps Lock and left Control keys, you may enter "ctrl:swapcaps".
 .
 As another example, some people prefer having the Meta keys available on
 their keyboard's Alt keys (this is the default), while other people prefer
 having the Meta keys on the Windows or "logo" keys instead.  If you
 prefer to use your Windows or logo keys as Meta keys, you may enter
 "altwin:meta_win".
 .
 You can combine options by separating them with a comma; for example, if you
 wish the Caps Lock key to behave as an additional Control key and you would
 like to use your Windows or logo keys as Meta keys, you may enter
 "ctrl:nocaps,altwin:meta_win".
 .
 Advanced users can use any options compatible with the selected XKB model,
 layout and variant.  If the xlibs package has been unpacked, see the
 /etc/X11/xkb/symbols directory available options files, which define only
 partial keyboard translations.  (For example, /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/ctrl.)
 .
 If you don't know what options to use, leave this entry blank.

--
I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis.