Re: Does using debconf with X server preclude swapping Control/Caps Lock?

Daniel Barclay <daniel@fgm.com> writes:

> On Woody (3.0r1), when installing xserver-xfree8, does using debconf
> to configure the server preclude using the standard XFree86 keyboard
> options to swap the Control and Caps Lock keys?

Hmm, I thought there was a debconf question for this.  Maybe it appeared
post-Woody.  Does "dpkg-reconfigure -plow xserver-xfree86" ask it?

> Debconf encloses the entire XF86Config-4 file inside its:
>
>      ### BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION
>
> and
>
>      ### END DEBCONF SECTION
>
> lines.
>
> Does that mean that one can't set keyboard options without risking
> having debconf delete one's customizations?

See /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/FAQ.gz, "How do I add custom sections
to a dexconf-generated XF86Config or XF86Config-4 file?"

--
I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis.