How to recover system,

Hi there,

One of my system crashed last night. The mother board is not getting
power so I had to build another system. I have to hard drive of the the
old system. If i put the hard drive on other system and start the system
the it won't work as the system configuration (RAM, CPU AND BOARD are
different). I tried to load the image of old system to new system. IT
loads the image but when it starts the OS it reboots because the kernel
and OS Is configured as per old system.
NOW how can I get the data from old hard drive to the new drive. I need
the files and utilities from the old drive. Kindly help.

Thanks
--
Vivek Kumar