Re: I broke gnome2 *snff*

David Purton wrote:
In a foolish endeavour to get gnome 2.4 on my testing machine
(previously had 2.2 pulled from unstable) I downloaded a stack of debs
an installed them.

Sadly now gnome-session gets as far as its splash screen before
hanging and I have to ctrl+alt+backspace my way out of trouble.

also I can't run galeon, nautilus, epiphany, gnome-panel even from
enlightenment.
[snip]

This sounds like it _may_ be related to the font probs that are going around at the mo. Try uninstalling gsfonts-other.

This seems to be fixed with the latest versions of X/gnome/gsfonts-other so I may be barking up the wrong tree.

There were no errors in the logs when this one bit me though which is what makes me suspect. My gdm crashed though, instead of hanging.