Re: Installing NVIDIA Drivers

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 08:04:31PM +0200, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to install the nvidia drivers NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run.
> But when I run it in ends with an error:
>
> ERROR: Unable to find the kernel header files for the currently running
> kernel.
>        Please make sure you have installed the kernel header files for
> your
>        kernel; on Red Hat Linux systems, for example, be sure you have
> the
>        'kernel-source' rpm installed.  If you know the correct kernel
> header
>        files are installed, you may specify the kernel include path with
> the
>        '--kernel-include-path' commandline option.
>
> I'm using kernel 2.4.22. I've build it correctly also the kernel headers
> kernel-headers-2.4.22-1 und *-k7 are installed, also the kernel-source.
>
> Don't know what to do can someone help me please?

Install  nvidia-kernel-source 1.0.4496 deb from testing or unstable
and compile and build a deb using directions in
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-source/README.Debian.

After you successfully compile the nvidia-kernel-source, install the
binary deb along with nvidia-kernel-common 1.0.4496 and nvidia-glx
1.0.4496 debs.

--
Jerome