Re: java in mozilla

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 06:49:30AM +1300, Paul William wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I am struggling to get the java plugin to work in mozilla. I am running
| unstable . I have blackdown jre1.4 installed. I have tried jre1.3 but
| that did not work either. The symlinks to the java plugin seem to be
| correct but mozilla is not loading the plugin.
|
| What should I do?

Get a version of the JRE that was compiled with the same version of
g++ as mozilla was compiled with.  The C++ ABI transition made
binaries incompatible unless the same compiler (thus the same ABI) is
used.

Here's some pointers:
    -   recent moz. is compiled with gcc/g++ 3.x
    -   your jre package was probably compiled with g++ 2.95
    -   a jre compiled with 3.x can be found at :
       ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown/JDK-1.4/i386/01
     ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown/JDK-1.4.1/i386/01

-D

--
Q:      What's the difference between a computer salesman and a used
        car salesman?