Re: Advanced printing... continued

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 15:43, Wayne Topa wrote:

> > One issue left: my paper size is A4, but xpp won't let me select
> > anything other than US Letter. Or rather, I can point at A4, do the
> > selection, and end up with US Letter still being highlighted.
>
> Have your tried editing the .ppd file?
>
> Changing the below to A4?
>
> *DefaultPageSize: Letter
> *DefaultPageRegion: Letter
> *DefaultImageableArea: Letter
> *DefaultPaperDimension: Letter

I did, but in vain -- I thought at first. I also had to reconfigure the
printer through the cups web-frontend to make it use the changed ppd.
Now it's a half-solution, A4 being the fixed paper size as Letter was
before.
While this will do for approx. 98% of my print jobs, I still wonder why
I can't change the media format through xpp.

I also changed the following .ppd line (was 'False'):

*VariablePaperSize: True

If this makes any difference, I didn't notice it so far.

cu,
Schnobs

PS: apologies for my recent post coming four times. I hope it was my
personal fault; if this message again comes in several copies, I'll need
help with my configuration for evolution as well...