Re: make-kpkg: need clues

Hi there,

--On Thursday, October 23, 2003 06:54:45 AM -0400 Abdul Latip <dullatip@angin.com> wrote:

This is NOT urgent, since Debian provides working kernels.
However, I am just wondering on where to find clues on how to solve
problems while compiling the kernels. I tried google with not much
luck.

The problem is, whenever I recompile a newer kernel using "make-kpkg";
most likely, it fails when using the config file from the previous
version.

Usualy, I try to solve the problem with "trial and error" until it
works again. Sometimes, it will work again, when changing the
"CPU" type. However, most of the problems are the modules.
Therefore, the solution could be sometimes removing the modules,
and sometimes by including the module into the kernel.

Thank you for any clue/URLs.

Have a look at
or
   http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html