Re: RPC: Program not Registered - SOLVED

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 11:52, Clive Menzies wrote:
[...]
> > > so nice to try to get at the work I've been doing mentime on my laptop
> > > by an nfs mount and to get: RPC: Program not Registered
[...]
> You might want to look at:
> file:/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/NFS-HOWTO.gz

Yes,  found the HOWTO on sf (not installed locally).  rpcinfo -p quickly
showed most rpc services not running.  Refused to start so aptitude u g (to
cut a long story short) got things working.  Evidently something broken,
incompletely installed or configured.  I expect that is the price of running
unstable.

Thanks for help.

--
richard