Re: RPC: Program not Registered

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 11:07:55AM +0200, Richard Lyons wrote:
> Nice to be back with a broadband connexion and to be able to re-subscribe to
> my favourite list (even if only for a few weeks).  Not so nice to try to get
> at the work I've been doing mentime on my laptop by an nfs mount and to get:
>    RPC: Program not Registered
> Being more or less a dork about networks, I don't know what to do about it,
> and googling hasn't produced the expected enlightenment.  So all help
> gratefully received...

It would be useful to have a bit more information on what you've done
so far. Assuming that you have the exports set up right, and that
you're trying to mount the nfs share properly, the next thing I'd
check would be whether you've actually started up the NFS server. For
anything more than that, we'll need more info on what you've done so
far, what kind of setup you have, etc.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837