Re: More on spam

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 07:11:37PM -0400, ScruLoose wrote:
> Um.  Can't speak for everyone else, but I think that being dead would be
> somewhat more disruptive to my "normal course of events" than having my
> mailbox flooded.

    You're focusing on the thousands that died in the towers and at the
Pentagon and ignoring the rest of the consiquences.

    For the living there are consiquences from those actions which amount to
"disruptive to my normal course of events".  That is, of course, you don't
consider the increased scrutiny at the airport not distruptive (I'd disagree,
having 3 flights this week), the increased (and to some unconstitutional)
power of the government granted by the US PATRIOT act, the added fear,
uncertainty and doubt from the worthless color coded threat level system and
the overall hostility between individuals who follow all this nationalism
without question against those who question it constantly.

    In fact it is the last one which is the one that closely resembles the
discussion at hand because some people want added security (from spam) while
others want to maintain freedom of the system (nation) while still others are
taking action which looks useful but ultimately is futile and harmful (C-R, US
PATRIOT act).

    There were more consiquences than "some people died."  Open your eyes and
see them.