Re: anti-spam idea for this list

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 10:04:14PM -0400, ScruLoose wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 06:13:11PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

> > >     The web is a monospaced medium?  Since when?
> >
> > Email is, as is news.
>
> That's true, but I'm pretty sure this whole discussion has been about
> how (and if) people's e-mail addresses should be displayed on the web
> archive of the list. Not about the list itself or news gateways.

But if we obfuscate the email addresses in the archives, blind Debians are
forced to ask on the list questions that could better have been dealt with
by direct communication with a poster. And they have to do it *because* they
are blind. And the have to suffer the flames suggesting in rough language
that they should look in the archives. To do this is not social justice.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com