How to find out where memory leaks to

Hey,

I am running a quite standard Debian woody setup with the kernel 2.4.18 that comes from the packages. The 2 HDs are in a RAID0, formatted as ext3, with quota installed. Problem is that for some reason after about 1 week the 1 Gb of RAM is completely filled and when looking in top or ps I can't discover any process taking a lot of RAM.

Does anyone have an idea as to how to find what is taking my memory away? I could add another Gb, but I guess that will be taken in soon as well...

Sorry if this is a newbie-question answered elsewhere, I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Thomas