SOLVED Re: GIMP and TTF without a font server

I found the fonts...this is what I had to do:

I modified /etc/fonts/local.conf and added

Then I had to run fc-cache (which took a while so I had a moment of
panic).

Started up The GIMP (1.3) and all my fonts were there! Hurrah!

Thanks to the GIMP User Group http://gug.sunsite.dk for help with this
problem.

I'm not entirely sure *what* I did though. fc-cache must be part of the
fontconfig library? http://x2.freedesktop.org/software/fontconfig

I'm definitely glad that I have fonts now though. :)

emma
PS This also makes the fonts work in the latest unstable version of Open
Office.

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]