Re: A newbie's confusion about GPL (BS)

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:56:34 -0700,
Tom <tb.31020.nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20031021175634.GB1386@comcast.net>:

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 01:26:38PM -0400, Thomas Pomber wrote:
> > But I suspect American feelings about their military might are
> > over-rated.  For instance, if they gave a shit, China would kick
> > your ass in a war.

.._if_ their GI believe _they_ are in the _right_ side, and the Yankee
GI's carry on like in Iraq, _agreed_.  Very good odds now.

> > America has become a bully.  And pride comes before a fall.
>
> You haven't seen American military power yet.  All of you've seen is
> us holding back, cause the TV crew is looking.
>
> I was on a plane to Cali, sitting next to a guy going to Ft.
> Pendleton.  He was in PsOps -- told me some great stories.
>
> One was about Somalia.  All you heard on TV was the American getting
> dragged through the streets.  You didn't hear about the next day, when
> we went in to get some payback: guy told me we fired so many shots,
> the soldiers gun barrels melted.  Killed about 200 civies for payback.

.."payback" is a war crime.  Please report this story-teller to the FBI,
hopefully he is just a skilled wannabe, but he _may_ have told you the
truth, and should in that case be able to help enforce the 4 Geneva
Conventions as it is incorporated into US law.

> Another guy told me the true story about the first gulf war: on TV,
> you saw pictures of Iraqis surrendering to TV crews.  In the radio
> room, my friend told me stories of Iraqis walking out of bunkers only
> to be gunned down.

..many were gunned down by "their own" for "treason" by Saddam's guys.
_Also_ a war crime where the perpetrators should hang.

> So, if you want to get all pissed off, get REALLY pissed off, cause
> the truth is 500 times worse than your theories, but don't be mistaken
> that what's going on Iraq is because we couldn't massacre the fuck out
> of them.  We're holding back, trying to be nice.

..agreed, the problem is, "trying" is not good enough.  You have to
_convince_ and with authority.  Bush _has_ convinced the Muslims
he is on a crusade against Islam and the Arabs for oil.  And, they
know their enemy has the nukes, so being right doesn't help them
that much.

.._no_ amount of candy and glass pearls will change that.

..so, unless you agree Arabs and Muslims should be treated like the
Jews in Auschwitz, you and your country has a job to do.

..you say you were impressed by some "payback" war crime stories.
I ask _you_ to help the FBI or the military equivalent of it,
investigate
these war crime allegations in these stories.  Your _potential_ failure
to help the GI's in Afghanistan and Iraq by helping weed out US war
criminals, will only help al-Quaeda's propaganda fuel Arab and
Muslim belief you're exterminating them to pillage their oil fields.
Your call.

> The whole European "we've evolved beyond war" is an illusion - I can't
> wait for the next good war you get yourselves into.  It'll happen.
> And I'll be there calling you a baby killer.

..I agree that will be well deserved, considering the way "Europeans"
promote war crime thru factual endorsement and subversion.
And I _hate_ being right.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: