Re: convert jpg pages to pdf file

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 07:28:52PM +0300, Mihalis I. Tsoukalos wrote:

> Have you got any LaTeX templates on doing this?
> I care about things like auto-size the jpg files.

Here is my template:
===============
\newif\ifpdf
\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined
    \pdffalse
    \documentclass[dvips,12pt,a4paper]{article}
\else
    \pdfoutput=1 \let\special\message
    \pdftrue
    \documentclass[pdftex,12pt,a4paper]{article}
\fi
\ifpdf

    \usepackage[hyperindex=true]{hyperref}
    \usepackage{pslatex}
    \pdfcompresslevel=9
\else
    \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
    \usepackage[hypertex,hyperindex=true,colorlinks=false]{hyperref}
\fi
\usepackage{graphicx}

\begin{document}             % End of preamble and beginning of text.
\ifpdf
      \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.png,.pdf,.jpeg,.jpg,.mps}
\else
      \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.eps,.ps}
\fi
and the rest of the document.
====================================
I then can use

\includegraphics{imagefile} (without extension) and
it will use the jpeg file if it is available.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things
      which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right
      hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not
      on things on the earth."              Colossians 3:1,2