RE: defragmentation on M$ disc?

what version of Windows are you using ?
Have you tried isolating the disk activity to identify the service or app
causing it ?

tbh, you really ought to consider asking a windows list/forum/channel.

Asking one OS list to fix problems in another OS before exhausting available
support resources seems daft to me.
For better of for worse, there are an awful lot of Windows boxes in use and
a corresponding number of support sites.

On the other hand, defragging one OS's file system with another OS is
technically interesting, so please let us know how you get on.

...backups, etc.