Re: RAID controller

Ron Rademaker wrote:
Hello,

I'm still trying to get my system to work with RAID, bit by bit I get a
little further but now I've crossed across the next problem. I got my
system booting with 2 hds attached to the Promise 20378 (SATA378),
however when I activate RAID in the BIOS... The driver for the
controller suddenly stops working (says there aren't any cards). Here's
how I do things now:

I've compiled a kernel scsi_mod and sd_mod
I compiled the pdc-ultra module
I created a EXT2 initrd - from Documentation/initrd.txt in the kernel
source tree
Changed lilo.conf and fstab to go from /dev/hda to /dev/sda
Shutdown -h now
Open case - move IDE cable from normal IDE controller to RAID controller
Turn on again
It worked fine, the SATA378 was recognised :-)
I rebooted, turned on RAID in the BIOS, the raid bios recognised the
active array
The system starts booting... When it tries to modprobe pdc-ultra it
fails :-(

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Ron

PS. Could you please cc any replies to me? I'm not on the list.

Did you also compile these options?

#
# Multi-device support (RAID and LVM)
#