Re: Knoppix-like install of Debian?

On 03-10-19 16:14 -0500, Kent West wrote:
> (You're leaving the stable lines in so you can get packages that haven't
> seen any development since stable and therefore aren't in the unstable
> branch, and you're leaving in the security line to get security patches,
> which are applied to stable when problems are found but not necessarily
> incorporated immediately into the unstable packages).

You don't have to leave in references to stable. Maybe if you're
pinning, but to convert completely to unstable, the unstable repository
is a complete distribution. Also, I believe security upgrades in
unstable are just uploaded directly to the repository, so you don't need
to keep the security line.

Kenneth