Re: defragmentation on M$ disc?

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 12:03, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 12:59:45PM +0200, Joris Huizer wrote:
> > and I read
> > the M$ disc needs to be "defragmentated" in order to do repartitioning
> > without having to worry about losing information (is this correct?)
>
> Just use qtparted to repartition...and if it's actually important
> data, you should *always* back it up beforehand.  But then again, when
> was the last time people considered Windows for data they care about
> and weren't insane?

How about, daily?

Regardless of what you, I or anyone else out there thinks about it, the
simple FACT of the matter is that what, 95% of the WORLD uses it for
their important data?

I'm the first to admit that I'm new to this list, and as such may not
have a valued opinion on such matters, but all I have to say is this;

IF someone is still using windows, they obviously have a reason for it,
and as such the data is important, at least to them, even if it is
nothing more than scanned family photos.

For the love of any god you may beleive in, leave the bias out of your
comments.  All you are doing is making yourself look like an asshole,
devaluing your opinion to the rest of the list, and giving your fellow
canadians a bad name.

Dan