defragmentation on M$ disc?

Hello everybody,

I'm wondering, is 't possible to "defragmentate" a M$ disc while running in Debian? I want to make a partition there to try debian/testing (I'm running Woody right now but some things are a bit old :-p ) , and I read the M$ disc needs to be "defragmentated" in order to do repartitioning without having to worry about losing information (is this correct?) Now the stupid windows defragmentation tool keeps restarting as other stupid programs are writing so it'd take ages to defragmentate a disc of 40 GB :-P So I want to know wether this can be done under linux (I can mount the disc without a problem)

Thanks for any help,

Joris Huizer