Re: More on spam

Sidney Brooks writes:
> The price has been the endless spam, almost all which has either MS or
> Microsoft in the return addresses.

That's not spam.  That's Swen worms.  Your ISP could filter it (but
probably won't).

> Here is a suggested comprise. Let Debian set up two different debian-user
> lists, one with and one without posting of addresses. Let Debian warn new
> users of the situation and let them choose their list.

There is no point in making such suggestions here.  Those who manage this
list do not read it.  Write to listmaster@lists.debian.org.

BTW Swen is probably getting our addresses mostly from the mail->news
gateway and from the address books of infected users.  Spammers scrape the
Web but Swen doesn't.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)