Trouble with Lilo, Grub, Redhat, and Debian

I'm working on a Pentium III system with two IDE hard drives.

I had Red Hat 8 installed on /dev/hda2, with /boot mounted on /dev/hda1. Booting via grub.

I installed Debian Woody on /dev/hdb2. /dev/hdb3 is swap, and /dev/hdb1 is a partition on which I'm building a Linux From Scratch system.

Debian boots no problem after Lilo installed, however, Red Hat no longer boots.

I'm not at all sure what I'm doing with Lilo. My problem is compounded by the fact that I didn't record the grub settings before Lilo wiped them, and can't seem to mount the /boot partition on /dev/hda1 to find out the correct path for the image and initrd. (I'm running the latest kernel as installed by Red Hat.)

Any ideas as to what I need to look at to figure out what I need to to next? (Anybody know what the image and initrd lines SHOULD say for my version of RedHat?)

Any ideas why I can't get boot to mount? I enter "mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/temp2" and get "Invalid MFT record 0 Mount: Wrongs FS type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1, or too many mounted file systems."

Thanks a bunch!

Schof

John Schofield
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Macintosh, PC, and Unix Computer Support
www.officemechanic.com