Re: Problem with apt-get/dselect/aptitude and unstable/stable packages

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 at 14:51 GMT, Joseph Jones penned:
I installed some unstable packages, and I'd like to know whether
there's a way of having dselect or whatever un-install all the
unstable packages without having to mess around fixing dependancies.
As in, I don't want it to do anything but un-install all the unstable
packages. My apt-get has been effectively frozen for several days
simply because it was impossible to un-install these packages without
scaring a newbie like me off.

Any help appreciated :)

I think there's some critical info missing from your problem
description.  Are you currently running stable and installed some
unstable packages?

What is happening when you try to uninstall these unstable packages that
doesn't happen when you try to uninstall your stable packages?

Well, whenever apt-get tries to do anything, it says "Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:"

And lists a load of packages. I'm running stable with some unstable packages, and I get this error whenever apt-get tries to do anything. The last line says something about using a -f option. When I checked the help, it said that it disregards the integrity check. I suspect that these packages are dependencies of linneighborhood, but I can't figure out why dselect/aptitude (whichever I used to d/l linneighborhood from the unstable set) didn't download them as well. Now it's stuck in this state.