nvidia drivers & kernel headers

Hi, I have installed kernel headers (athlon 990mhz
running debian stable) Kernel-headers 2.4.18-1-k7 are
in the /include/ directory.
Attempting to load the Nvidia drivers from the shell
command, 'Sh NVIDIA-Linux-X86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run' I get
the message: "Unable to find the kernel header files
for the currently running kernel. If you know the
correct kernel header files are installed, you may
specify the kernel include path with the
'--kernel-include-path' commandline option.
I don't know how to do that i.e., the commandline
option and I don't know if that is what I need to do
to load the driver. Any suggestions? Thanks