Re. CD writer

I am still at it. I believe that I have created the
proper Debian package for a kernel that should enable
CD writing. I still can't do it.

As I explained many messages ago, my lilo is on a
different partition than the one for which I want CD
writing. The new kernel created a lilo which is
located on the partition for which I want CD writing.
Does anybody know how to get the lilo on the partition
to install its kernel without messing up my main lilo?